Sub-Saharan Africa Pay TV Forecasts
The number of pay TV subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa will increase by 74% between 2017 and 2023 to reach 40.89 million. However, the Sub-Saharan Africa Pay TV Forecasts report estimates that subscriber growth will outstrip revenue progress. Pay TV revenues will climb by 41% to $6.64 billion by 2023, up by $2 billion on 2017.
From the 23.49 million pay TV subscribers at end-2017, 13.78 million were satellite TV and 9.11 million DTT. By 2023, satellite TV will contribute 20.89 million and DTT 17.53 million. This means an extra 7 million pay satellite TV subscribers and 8 million more pay DTT homes.
Published in January 2018, this 322-page PDF and excel report comes in seven parts:
• Executive summary and regional forecasts, with handy comparison tables to reveal the best growth prospects;
• Major pay TV operators, including market share for each;
• Regional forecasts summary from 2010 to 2023 by platform, by household penetration, by pay TV subscribers and by pay TV revenues;
• Top-line forecasts (population, population per household, households and TV households) for 42 countries;
• Country insights for 35 territories;
• Detailed country forecasts for 35 nations for every year from 2010 to 2023.
• NEW FOR 2018: Prospects. Summary subscriber forecasts for 35 countries in a graphically appealing 73-page document.
Download the Table of Contents here