“Far-sighted indies are already carving a new niche in Web-only content, as the report from research company Futurescape reveals.”
Broadcast deputy editor Emily Booth
Discover how British producers are pioneering new online TV formats and business models.
The UK is already a key territory for the creation of highly innovative Web television and transmedia formats and the commercial models for their production.
UK Web Shows Now is the only business report to cover the market’s original Web TV series, made-for-mobile shows and online feature films, across scripted comedy and drama, entertainment and factual genres.
The report provides:
- Key data on market trends, growth, budgets and commissioning to inform strategic planning, forecasting and business development
- In-depth coverage of shows as branded entertainment: fully-funded by a single brand or featuring multiple product placement
- Detailed profiles of 51 major Web TV comedy, drama, entertainment and factual series so you can rapidly compare their formats and commercial models
- Comprehensive listing of independent production companies making online TV shows, for competitive analysis
Key questions answered
- How are British broadcasters and producers gaining a competitive edge by innovating original online TV show formats that work?
- How are pioneering producers, brands and broadcasters developing and applying the new business opportunities in creating online shows?
- What kind of programmes and interactivity are being made to attract the teen and young adult Internet audience?
- Which production companies are leading the market – and why?
- How can brands bypass broadcasters to reach viewers online?
- What new production models are emerging, in which production companies collaborate with other partners?
150 pages / 48,000 words, 14 tables, 51 Web show business profiles. First published November 2008, updated October 2009.
Fast digital delivery as a PDF
Download Sample Pages